Sunday 7 June 2009

Memento



"Babo will protect you. Having a bad day? Someone giving
you a hard time? Babo's got your back. What Babo lacks in
mind power, he makes up for in love. He's everybody's best
friend. He will stick with you to the end and when something
scary happens, he will send you a nice greeting card from
wherever it is he runs away to.

A very curious, mischievous creature, Babo may need some
guidance and parenting, so make sure to bring him with you to as many places as possible. Leaving him at home is fine, but
please put all cookies and money on the highest shelf."

He helped her through some bad days. He even went to the funeral. I happened upon his twin while wandering aimlessly around the shops, and he happened to be on sale.

When it suits me, I choose to believe in signs – of which, more later – and it makes me happy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love those 'Ugly' dolls Lonie, we've got a few, even the mini ones

hazelblackberry said...

"What Babo lacks in mind power..." I think I just fell in love with Babo.

Lonie Polony said...

Hey Steve - yeah, I didn't really know much about them until I saw Babo at the funeral. My friend even had Ugly Dolls stationery. She'd written her family a list of friends to contact on it, on her last day. Bittersweet :)

Hello hb - yes, I like Babo too, although he's not as cute as his drawn cartoon likeness. He certainly made me feel better, and as if I had some sort of connection.