Monday 18 December 2006

Lost For Words

Why is it that when I need it the most, my brain deserts me like…um…something deserting something else? Having just declared my intention to ease up on the blogging in favour of more income-oriented writing, I find that I have nothing to write that isn’t even marginally better than the last few pages of stodgy rubbish I’ve already wasted valuable kilowatts of power typing. Moreover, I now have an ad hoc project of arguably greater import which is receiving still less cerebral support – a eulogy.

Anyone who wasn’t discouraged from reading Friday’s entire post as its façade of selfless concern fell away to reveal the nauseating bombast beneath, will know my grandmother was gravely ill. She died on Saturday. I am comforted by my belief Nanna has gone to that euphemistic ‘better place’, where her mind is sound again and she is free of the encumbrance of a failing body. I am also acutely aware that only a shitty granddaughter would be at a loss to come up with just a few sentences of fond remembrance for a woman who loved her.

Ugh! I’m going to bed before I descend once more into pseudo-pious self-flagellation. I’m sure after a good night’s sleep I’ll be refreshed and better able to do what a writer of my calibre does best: plagiarise from my sisters.

4 comments:

Miao 妙 said...

Hi, do you mind giving me your email address so that I can add you on MSN? I don't wish to leave my email address here in case certain people add me for no good reason as well.

Jingo said...

You write very well. Sorry to hear about your Grandmother.

http://jingoistic.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear it - hope you are OK.

Lonie Polony said...

Hi Miao - I don't feel comfortable giving out my e-mail address. Please don't take it personally, I'm just paranoid about my address falling into the hands of spammers and such (not that I'm suggesting you'd do anything wrong). Plus, being the leadite I am, I have no idea what you're proposing to do, and so any interaction would be somewhat one-sided. Sorry lah! =)

Jingoistic and Mutley: Thanks for the condolences and kind words =)